Sweet Summertime

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along ’cause it’s one we know
It’s a smile, it’s a kiss
It’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime
Sweet summertime

We had a busy weekend that was jam packed.    We woke up Saturday morning to some light off shore showers that were heading our way……par for the course since we planned to get to the beach as early as we could.  But we aren’t going to turn up our noses at much needed moisture so we waited them out.  By 11 am the skies were clear and we were pulling up to the beach and setting up camp for the day.

It turned out to be a pretty day but windy!  And the waves in the water were huge……..we were out in it for a while and could feel the water trying to suck us out.  Needless, to say we didn’t get out too deep but it we had to cool off a little bit.    This trip was just the two of us.  I love going with friends but I also love when we can go alone and not worry about anyone else.

Mid-afternoon we went home to clean up and get ready for the evening.  We had a hard time deciding if we should go listen to Ro-Tel & The Hot Tomatoes at Brewsters or go to the Hooks game.  In the end the give away at the Hooks game won so we were early to the ballpark for our navy hats.   We got to see Keith & Susan at the game for a few minutes as well. 

And we got Sammy to sign our hats so now we have both Rusty and Sammy autographs…….lol.  (We are such big kids)  Beautiful night for baseball and it was a great game! 

Friday night when Edward got home he said that Edward had called to ask if I could make some banana bread for a fundraiser they were having on Sunday.  (Of course on Friday morning I had thrown out a batch of old banana since I had no plans to make bread anytime soon.)  Since I was busy all day Saturday I either had to make it on Saturday night or wake up early Sunday (Not happening).  Thank goodness I am apparently known for my banana bread and not cinnamon rolls because they take hours and hours to make.

Anyway, after the game I came home and baked while we watch four hours of Lonesome Dove.  They sure smelled good when they came out of the oven but I resisted and wrapped them all up for Sunday morning. 

I went to bed a little bit before Edward did on last night.  MommaCat had been camped out on me all evening.  I hadn’t been in bed two minutes when Edward called me back to the living room to find Mommacat laying against him.  “She doesn’t know where you went” he said.  The minute I appeared in the living room Momma saw me and came running down the hall, followed me to the bedroom and jumped right into bed with me…….lol.  She loves me sooooo much. 

So now it’s Monday and back to the grind.  My walk is finished for the day so I don’t have to worry about doing it this evening!  🙂 I even finally had a decent time again….average of 15.30/mile.  The right music makes all the difference in the world.

 Have a great Monday!!!!

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: